European Domains: Moldova (.md)
Important: When entering your search string don't write “www” or the Moldovan domain type, ie. “md”. Therefore to search “www.bb-online.md” enter “bb-online” and nothing else.
The only letters allowed within a domain name are: a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z - 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9. Spaces are NOT ALLOWED.
To register .md domains your future Moldovan domain, click here!
Once the domain is registered
All Moldovan domain names registered with us are stored on our international server. Domains registered with us are automatically provided with their own under-construction page - this notifies potential registrants that the name has been acquired and is now registered. The under-construction page is offered free of charge and may be used indefinitely.
It is possible for Web and/or Mail forwarding to be provided for Moldovan domains.
Domain transfer/release fees are charged are by a majority of registrars, but BB Online make no charge to transfer a domain to another Moldovan domain name registrar.
Popular in Moldova; also domain for medical professionals & the state of Maryland
The domain name used in Moldova is .md. The official registrar for the top-level domain name .md is MoldData, a company based in Chisinau, Republic of Moldova. Though the ccTLD .md is based off the country name, it is commonly used for companies or websites related to medicine. This is a simply a marketing exercise.
No residency requirements are need for the .md ccTLD, all names are available on a 'first come, first serve' basis, not including some second level names that are considered as 'Premium Domain Names' and are therefore auctioned off.
If you register a .md domain name, it means that you are agreeing to the Terms and Conditions. The domain name must not be used for any of the following reasons or practices:
- Display sexual or pornographic content
- Encourage acts of terrorism
- Publish derisive information about a third party
- Sending any unsolicited e-mail, commonly know as 'spam'. Also applied to being associated with this practice
- Only the roman characters 'a-z' and Digits '0-9' can be used.
- Hyphens (-) are allowed, as long as not used at the start or end of the domain name. Also cannot be on the third and fourth place. his is due to the International domain name's (or IDN) punycode.
- Moldovan characters allowed are: ă, â, î, ş and ţ
Some domain names may be classified by the registry as a premium domain name and will command a higher price. If you request a premium domain name we will contact you before completing your order.
In addition, the registry may at any time reserve domain names from registration or the sale may be restricted to comply with ICANN requirements.
- Population is estimated to be approx 4,128,047 people
- Gross Domestic Product is $4.395 billion US Dollars
- Languages recognised in Moldova are Moldovan, Romanian, Ukrainian, Gagauz, Russian
International domain names from BB Online since 1997