Asian Domains: Bhutan (.edu.bt)
Important: When entering your search string don't write “www” or the Bhutan domain type, ie. “edu.bt”. Therefore to search “www.bb-online.edu.bt” enter “bb-online” and nothing else.
The only letters allowed within a domain name are: a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z - 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9. Spaces are NOT ALLOWED.
To register .edu.bt domains your future Bhutan domain, click here!
Once the domain is registered
All Bhutan domain names registered with us are stored on our international server. Domains registered with us are automatically provided with their own under-construction page - this notifies potential registrants that the name has been acquired and is now registered. The under-construction page is offered free of charge and may be used indefinitely.
It is possible for Web and/or Mail forwarding to be provided for Bhutan domains.
Domain transfer/release fees are charged are by a majority of registrars, but BB Online make no charge to transfer a domain to another Bhutan domain name registrar.
Gets a small amount of use in Bhutan.bt represents the ccTLD of Bhutan.
Registrations can take place directly at the second level ".bt", or under third level sub-domains like ".com.bt". The sub-domains available are:
If you exist outside of Bhutan and you do not have a local presence there, the registry ask you to provide a copy of your Certificate of Incorporation or a Business / Trade licence, the registry will then consider your application.
If you are based in Bhutan, for a company you need to provide a valid trade license to register a domain name. For organisations and government offices, you need to provide a signed letter from the head of the organisation to prove the application is a genuine request.
The registry forbid the following activities from being used with a Bhutan domain name:
- Illegal Use (".bt" domain names may not be used for illegal purposes or in support of illegal activities)
- Threats (transmit any material that threatens or encourages bodily harm or destruction of property)
- Harassment (Using the Services to transmit any material (by e-mail, uploading, posting or otherwise) that harasses another)
- Fraudulent Activity (Using ".bt" domain names to make fraudulent offers to sell or buy products, items or services or to advance any type of financial scam such as "pyramid schemes", "ponzi schemes" and "chain letters").
- Forgery or Impersonation / Fraud
- Unsolicited commercial e-mail / Unsolicited bulk e-mail (SPAM)
- E-mail / News Bombing
- Unauthorised Access
- Copyright or trademark infringement
- Collection of personal data
- Network disruptions and unfriendly activity
- Distribution of Virus
- Inappropriate use of software
Some domain names may be classified by the registry as a premium domain name and will command a higher price. If you request a premium domain name we will contact you before completing your order.
In addition, the registry may at any time reserve domain names from registration or the sale may be restricted to comply with ICANN requirements.
As of November 7, 2005, there are a total of 84 registered names in this TLD.
- Population is estimated to be approx 672,425 people
- Gross Domestic Product is $3.161 billion US Dollars
- Languages recognised in Bhutan are Dzongkha
International domain names from BB Online since 1997