European Domains: Republic of Slovenia (.de.si)
Important: When entering your search string don't write “www” or the Slovenian domain type, ie. “de.si”. Therefore to search “www.bb-online.de.si” enter “bb-online” and nothing else.
The only letters allowed within a domain name are: a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z - 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9. Spaces are NOT ALLOWED.
To register .de.si domains your future Slovenian domain, click here!
Once the domain is registered
All Slovenian domain names registered with us are stored on our international server. Domains registered with us are automatically provided with their own under-construction page - this notifies potential registrants that the name has been acquired and is now registered. The under-construction page is offered free of charge and may be used indefinitely.
It is possible for Web and/or Mail forwarding to be provided for Slovenian domains.
Domain transfer/release fees are charged are by a majority of registrars, but BB Online make no charge to transfer a domain to another Slovenian domain name registrar.
.si is the ccltd for Slovenia
ARNES is the registry for the ccTLD ".si" and they maintain the database of ".si" registered Internet names. ARNES is an acronym for "Academic and Research Network of Slovenia" and it is a public institution, which provides network services to organizations in the field of research, education and culture. They also integrate with similar organizations abroad.
It is possible to register a domain under the ".si" domain space as an individual. It does not matter if the individual is based in Slovenia or abroad. It is possible to register a ".si" domain name for a period of one to five years.
Currently the following criteria needs to be met in order to register a ".si" domain name:
• Only letters of the English alphabet;
• Only the numerals (0-9);
• a hyphen (-) is allowed however a domain name shall not begin or end with a hyphen, and shall not contain a hyphen in both third and fourth position;
• A domain name shall not be longer then 63 characters and not less than 3;
• The string must not be already registered a domain under the top level domain. ".si". Currently it is not possible to have an IDN (International domain name) under a ".si" domain. So Slovenian characters like č, š and ž cannot be included in the domain name. However ARNES has during 2009 examined the possibility of introducing IDN names. It is currently still under consideration due to the uncertain desire of the Slovenian users. In order to register a ".si" we will need to following information:
• Name and surname of the individual or the name/title of the organization/institution;
• The address of residence for the individual or organization/institution;
• A valid e-mail address;
• A telephone and fax number;
• Details about the administrative contact person (name, e-mail address, telephone and fax number);
• Details about the technical contact person (name, e-mail address, telephone and fax number);
• The period of registration. (1, 2, 3, 4 or 5 years)
Some domain names may be classified by the registry as a premium domain name and will command a higher price. If you request a premium domain name we will contact you before completing your order.
In addition, the registry may at any time reserve domain names from registration or the sale may be restricted to comply with ICANN requirements.
International domain names from BB Online since 1997